Saturday, December 22, 2007

Shasta McNasty

Did anybody ever watch the ill-fated show Shasta McNasty on the WB about 7-8 years ago? I didn't either, but driving by Mt Shasta always makes me think of it... Anyway, the rest of the drive to San Diego turned out to be a lot less exciting - there was a little more winter wonderland crossing the passes near Mt Shasta on Thursday, but it wasn't sticking to the road, so no chains required this time! A few observations on the way:
- Weed, CA? Wonder what the popular recreational activity is around here... I mean, I'm certain nothing illicit ever went on in Northern California - not even at Humboldt State, Lynn!
- Mount Shasta City... Maybe I'm just easily amused on five hours of sleep, but how would you like to be able to say: Where are you from? Mt Shasta City! Yeah, I'm probably justr easily amused...

Odd occurrence along the way South: I catch up with a cop, pass him when he slows down to look at another cop who has somebody pulled over. I keep going at the speed limit, so he quickly catches bck up to me. As he's passing me, suddely the load speaker comes on: "Something driving something something" Obviously, I'm not really sure what he said, but why are cops talking to me on the highway now?

No comments: