Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Rugby Player and his Salad

As I was wandering, somewhat aimlessly, around the city of Bristol, I came upon the St Nicholas Farmer's Market. To add to the excitement, 'Street Market Chefs' (a British cooking network-type show, I presume) was filming an episode at the market. I hung around to watch and was rewarded with the amusing image above - the show's celebrity guest, whom the audience around me identified as a former rugby player, doing a taste test for the Street Market Chefs - of course, the meal of the day was a portobellini salad, and while, I admit, it's possible that the man may have discovered the joys of salads in his post-playing days, he sure doesn't look like he'd ever come anywhere near a salad while he was a player! Amanda Lamb, a British television pseudo-celebrity also in the picture... I never caught the rugby player's name.

Later that evening, it was the World Cup semifinals - Spain vs. Germany, while I was, of course, couch-surfing with Patricia and Christian (the two on the right) - she's Spanish, while he's German! My excitement was partly diminished when it turned out that Christian didn't really care about football all that much, so we all proceeded to cheer for Spain.

No comments: